At our 50th Anniversary Celebration and Groundbreaking Ceremony on April 19, we announced our new name – Westchester Community Health Center! Over the next several months, all our health center locations will be transitioning to Westchester Community Health Center (WCHC) to better reflect the broader geographic area we serve.
WCHC Board of Directors along with dignitaries from the Mount Vernon, Greenburgh, and Yonkers communities, Westchester County, and New York State, and other guests were on hand to witness the unveiling of our new name and branding. A ceremonial ribbon-cutting was held and a (temporary) entranceway sign was uncovered. Our new mobile health van was also uncovered to reveal our beautiful new logo and colors.
At the Ceremony, we were privileged to hear from:
- Hon. George Latimer, Westchester County Executive
- Hon. Tyrae Woodson-Samuels, Westchester County Legislator
- Dr. James V. McDonald, Acting Commissioner of Health, New York State
- Hon. Shawyn Patterson-Howard, Mayor of Mt. Vernon
- Hon. Ruth Hassell-Thompson, Former New York State Senator
Rev. Shelia Evans-Simmons of Grace Baptist Church led us all in an opening prayer. Gloria Smith, RN, serenaded us with a beautiful rendition of Amazing Grace.
Thank you to the Lanza Family Foundation for their generous support of our rebranding efforts.
Please enjoy these pictures from the event and view our News12 coverage.