Westchester Community Health Center is pleased to offer Medicare Chronic Care Management Services to our patients who qualify. Medicare Chronic Care Management is a Medicare-sponsored program, supported by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service, which was created for patients to allow their healthcare providers to more closely monitor their health and well-being between office visits.
Who is eligible to receive Medicare Chronic Care Management Services?
To be eligible to receive Medicare Chronic Care Management, you must have two or more serious chronic conditions, such as diabetes, depression, and high blood pressure, that are expected to last at least a year. Please ask one of your provider’s staff if you meet the guidelines for eligibility.
What services do I receive through Medicare Chronic Care Management?
- You will be provided with a personalized care management plan to help you manage your chronic conditions. The plan developed by your provider and any specialists you might see will list your health problems and goals, medications, other providers you see, and community services you might need. It will also explain the care you need and how your providers will coordinate it.
- You will be assigned a dedicated Care Coordinator – an RN, LPN, or Medical Assistant who is trained to discuss your chronic conditions and treatment as directed by your Westchester Community Health Center provider.
- Your Care Coordinator will call you monthly and can help you:
- manage your medications
- coordinate any home health or equipment needs
- assist in scheduling appointments or tests
- identify available community resources
- coordinate follow-up care after you leave the hospital
- access other support services you may need to stay well
Are there certain requirements for participating in our Medicare Chronic Care Management (CCM) Program?
Yes. Our Program Enrollment Coordinator can walk you through the Program requirements. To participate, you will need to:
- Consent to have Chronic Care Management (CCM) services provided to you by your Westchester Community Health Center provider.
- Authorize electronic communication of your medical information with other treating providers as part of the coordination of your care.
- Acknowledge that only one provider can furnish CCM services to you during a calendar month.
- Authorize that you understand CCM is a cost-share program under Medicare and any portion not covered by your secondary (or Medicare Advantage) insurance will be billed as CCM Services, and is your responsibility.
Interested in finding out more or enrolling in our Medicare Chronic Care Management Services?
Please speak with our Chronic Care Management Program Enrollment Coordinator today!
Call (914) 863-9863.